High School Students
ETV = Education for foster youth
The Education Training Voucher (ETV) program awards grants to current and former foster youth to help pay for college or specialized education. ETV grants are funded by the federal government and administered by the states. In most states, eligible students may receive grants of up to $5,000 per academic year.
The Foster Care to Success organization administers the ETV program for the states listed below. Eligibility requirements and available funding vary by state.
North Carolina ETV
The North Carolina Education and Training Voucher Program is a federally-funded, state-administered program designed to help youth who were in foster care. Students may receive up to $5000 a year for qualified school related expenses. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible students. Applicants must complete the ETV application which includes documentation each semester that is sent directly from the school to ETV confirming enrollment, the cost of attendance (COA) and unmet need.
1. You must be a current or former foster student who was:
in foster care on or after your 17th birthday.
adopted from foster care with the adoption finalized AFTER your 16th birthday.
entered into a kinship guardianship placement from foster care on or after your 16th birthday.
2. You must be a U.S. citizen or qualified non-citizen.
3. Your personal assets (bank account, car, home, etc.) are worth less than $10,000.
4. You must be at least 18 but younger than 21 to apply for the first time. You may reapply for ETV funds, if you have a current grant, up to the age of 23.
5. You must have been accepted into or be enrolled in a degree, certificate or other accredited program at a college, university, technical, vocational school. To remain eligible for ETV funding, you must show progress toward a degree or certificate.
Click here to start your online application. www.statevoucher.org
Questions for ETV in North Carolina????
Email the NC ETV Coordinator email@example.com